Assured by God: Living in the Fulness of God's GraceISBN: 9781596381018
Foreword by R.C. Sproul
Nothing stimulates Christian service more than the humble assurance of God's saving grace. Many of us are immobilized by lingering doubts about our salvation or, worse, by a false security.
Is assurance of salvation reserved for the super-spiritual? Is it a sure sign of presumption? What are the benefits of assurance and the dangers of an unsure faith?
Separating truth from error, and viewing assurance in relation to its larger family of biblical doctrines, the contributors to this volume demonstrate its significance for grateful, productive Christian living. Each author writes with a pastoral desire to help Christians understand God's promises and live in the fullness of his grace.
Table of Contents:
1. Our Sure Foundation - Burk Parsons
2. Assured from Beginning to End - Philip Graham Ryken
3. Guarded through Faith - R. Albert Mohler Jr.
4. Assured in Christ - Richard D. Philips
5. Assurance Justified - Sinclair B. Ferguson
6. The Fullness of Grace - Joel R. Beeke
7. The Glory of True Repentance - John MacArthur
8. God's Means of Assurance - Keith A. Mathison
9. The Blessing of Discipline - Jerry Bridges
10. Epilogue: The Anatomy of Doubt and Assurance
Burk Parsons serves as an associate pastor at Saint Andrew's in Sanford, Florida, and is editor of Tabletalk magazine. He and his wife, Amber, live in central Florida with their children.
"Assurance of God's gracious, saving, fatherly love to us in Christ Reformation's understanding of salvation. This assurance is vital to Christian life and witness. Unfortunately, too many saints lack assurance, and today there are even Reformed and evangelical preachers who are undermining it by erroneous teaching. Thankfully a band of faithful brothers has given us this book to clear the fog, present the truth, protect us from wrong-headedness, and help us on our way. True, evangelical assurance enlarges our hearts with peace and joy, fills us with love and thankfulness to God, and strengthens and motivates us to glad, gospel obedience. Read this book prayerfully, with faith in God's Word, and be encouraged!" - Ligon Duncan
|Number of Pages:||204|
|Author:||Parsons, Burk; editor|