Devoted to God's Church: Core Values for Christian FellowshipISBN: 9781848719767
Being a Christian is not an individualistic or isolated activity. Believing also involves belonging. Being a Christian, by definition, involves belonging to the church.
This is not a book full of ideas about how your church ought to change or what it needs to do in order to grow or to be successful. Rather it is about how we fit into our own church. There are hallmarks of church life that should be stamped on all our churches because they are applicable everywhere and anywhere - New Testament values for any size of church, in any part of the world, at any time.
Devoted to God's Church will serve to help new Christians understand what it is to be part of a church, and will also be a refreshing reminder to every Christian of what it should look like to belong to the family of God.
Table of Contents:
1. Family Life or What Is a Church?
2. What Is Your Story or Are You a Christian?
3. Follow My leader or Being a Disciple
4. A Glorious Addiction or What Is a Member?
5. Have You Ever Arrived at Church? or Worship
6. Are You Hearing Me? or the Bible
7. Does It Help to Know Some Latin? or Christian Baptism
8. 'The Christian's Native Air' or Prayer
9. The View from the Foot or Christian Service
10. Is There Anything Special for Supper? or Communion
11. Home and Way or Christian witness and World Mission
Sinclair B. Ferguson is Chancellor's Professor of Systematic Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary, and a Teaching Fellow of Ligonier Ministries. He has served congregations in his native Scotland, and in the USA.
Many people "go to church." Sinclair Ferguson, with his typical gentleness and wisdom, teaches us how to "be the church" as Christ defines it. This simple, clear, and moving book will be great help for people interested in learning more about becoming members of a church. It is also a good tool for those who wish to inject fresh zeal and joy into the membership they already possess.
--Joel R. Beeke
|Number of Pages:||187|
|Publisher:||Banner of Truth Trust|