Knowing the Bible Series - Numbers: A 12 Week StudyISBN: 9781433557903
The book of Numbers follows two generations of God's people:
- the first forced to wander in the desert for 40 years because of their lack of faith,
- and the second given the blessing of entering the Promised Land because of their obedience.
Showing how the book of Numbers displays the steadfast faithfulness of God, Michael LeFebvre helps readers learn from the failures of past generations in order to pursue faithfulness today.
The Knowing the Bible series is a resource designed to help Bible readers better understand and apply God's Word. These 12-week studies lead participants through books of the Bible and are made up of four basic components:
1. reflection questions help readers engage the text at a deeper level
2. "Gospel Glimpses" highlight the gospel of grace throughout the book
3. "Whole-Bible Connections" show how any given passage connects to the Bible's overarching story of redemption, culminating in Christ
4. "Theological Soundings" identify how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture. With contributions from an array of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God's grace on every page of the Bible.
Michael LeFebvre (PhD, University of Aberdeen) is the pastor of Christ Church Reformed Presbyterian in Brownsburg, Indiana, and an adjunct professor of Old Testament at Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He serves as a fellow with the Center for Pastor Theologians. Michael and his wife, Heather, have five children and live in Indianapolis, Indiana.
"This Knowing the Bible series is a tremendous resource for those wanting to study and teach the Bible with an understanding of how the gospel is woven throughout Scripture. Here are Gospel-minded pastors and scholars doing Gospel business from all the scriptures-this is a biblical and theological feast preparing God's people to apply the entire Bible to all of life with heart and mind wholly committed to Christ's priorities."
--Bryan Chapell, Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church, Peoria, Illinois
"Mark Twain may have smiled when he wrote to a friend, "I didn't have time to write you a short letter, so I wrote you a long letter." But the truth of Twain's remark remains serious and universal, because well-reasoned, compact writing requires extra time and extra hard work. And this is what we have in the Crossway Bible study series Knowing the Bible-as the skilled authors and notable editors provide the contours of each book of the Bible as well as the grand theological themes that bind them together as one Book. Here, in a 12-week format, are carefully wrought studies that will ignite the mind and the heart."
--R. Kent Hughes, Professor of Practical Theology, Westminster Theological Seminary
"Knowing the Bible brings together a gifted team of Bible teachers to produce a high quality series of study guides. The coordinated focus of these materials is unique: biblical content, provocative questions, systematic theology, practical application, and the gospel story of God's grace presented all the way through Scripture."
--Philip Graham Ryken, President, Wheaton College
|Number of Pages:||96|