The Evil of EvilsISBN: 9781601787477
The Evil of Evils printed in 1654, consists of sixty-seven short chapters that expose sin and urge believers to choose affliction over sin. Burroughs organizes his material around seven major thoughts:
(1) there is more evil in the least sin than in the greatest affliction;
(2) sin and God are contrary to each other;
(3) sin is directly against our good;
(4) sin opposes all that is good;
(5) sin is the evil of all other evils;
(6) sin has infinite dimension and character; and
(7) sin makes us comfortable with the devil.
This treatise is invaluable for sensitizing our consciences to the 'exceeding sinfulness of sin' (Rom. 7:13).
Jeremiah Burroughs (1599-1646) was a member of the Westminster Assembly and a prominent preacher among Congregationalists. Several of his works have been reprinted by Soli Deo Gloria Publications.
|Number of Pages:||345|
|Publisher:||Soli Deo Gloria Publications|