A Long Line of Godly Men - Foundations of Grace: 1400 BC - AD 100ISBN: 9781567696851
Understanding the doctrines of grace will give you a clearer picture of God's sovereignty.
From the lawgiver Moses to the apostle John, and from the early church fathers to modern defenders of the faith, there has marched onto the stage of human history a long line of godly men, a triumphant parade of spiritual stalwarts who have upheld the doctrines of grace.
In this book, Dr. Steven J. Lawson takes you on a heart-stirring survey of the Scriptures to show that the Bible in its entirety teaches the doctrines of grace.
Table of Contents:
1. A Long Line of Godly Men - Servants of Sovereign Grace: From Moses to the Present
2. Where the Long Line Begins - The Lawgiver Moses: Genesis
3. Sovereign Grace in the Wilderness - The Lawgiver Moses: Exodus to Deuteronomy
4. Strong Men with a Strong Message - Early Leaders: Joshua to Job
5. Monarchs Bow Before the Sovereign - Kings David and Solomon: Psalms, Proverbs and Ecclesiastes
6. Spokesman of Sovereign Grace - The Major Prophets: Isaiah
7. Heralds of Divine Regeneration - The Major Prophets: Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Daniel
8. Major Theology From Minor Prophets - The Minor Prophets: Hosea to Malachi
9. The Greatest Expositor of Grace - The Lord Jesus Christ: Matthew, Mark and Luke
10. The Mount Everest of Theology - The Lord Jesus Christ: The Gospel of John
11. How Firm a Foundation - The Apostle Peter: Acts and 1 & 2 Peter
12. By His Grace and for His Glory - The Apostle Paul: Romans
13. Preacher of the Doctrines of Grace - The Apostle Paul: 1 & 2 Corinthians and Galatians
14. Before the Foundation of the World - The Apostle Paul: Ephesians to 2 Thessalonians
15. The Pillar and Support of the Truth - The Apostle Paul: 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus
16. Evangelism and Divine Sovereignty - The Physician Luke and the Author of Hebrews: Acts and Hebrews
17. Sovereign Regeneration - James, the Apostle John, and Jude: James, 1, 2, & 3 John, and Jude
18. Throughout All the Ages to Come - The Apostle John: The Gospel of John and Revelation
Afterword by R.C. Sproul - Manifest Sovereignty
"As Dr. Steve Lawson's reconnaissance of this matter so clearly shows, God's sovereignty is manifest throughout sacred Scripture… . When you finish reading this book, I would wonder and worry if you continue to persist in denying the full measure of God's sovereignty in our salvation."
--Dr. R.C. Sproul, Minister of preaching and teaching, Saint Andrew's Chapel, Sanford, Fla.
"The doctrines of grace are often misunderstood and mischaracterized. This helpful new book explains them thoughtfully and well. May God use it for His glory and others' good."
--Dr. D. James Kennedy, Senior Minister, Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
"Steven Lawson clearly and comprehensively lays the scriptural groundwork for the doctrines of grace."
--Dr. John MacArthur, Pastor-teacher, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, Calif.
"Gripped in mind and heart by the twin truths of God's total sovereignty and His amazing grace, Steve Lawson compellingly traces these themes from the beginning to the end of Scripture… . Foundations of Grace shows, in a multitude of ways, that the Scriptures are useful 'for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteousness.' "
--Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson, Senior pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Columbia, S.C.
|Number of Pages:||535|
|Author:||Lawson, Steven J.|